National Endowment for the Humanities America’s Historical and Cultural Organizations grants provide support for museums, libraries, historic places, and other organizations that produce public programs in the humanities.
Grants support the following formats:
- exhibitions at museums, libraries, and other venues;
- interpretations of historic places, sites, or regions;
- book/film discussion programs; living history presentations; other face-to-face programs at libraries, community centers, and other public venues; and
- interpretive websites.
NEH offers two categories of grants for America’s Historical and Cultural Organizations:
- Implementation grants support final scholarly research and consultation, design development, production, and installation of a project for presentation to the public.
- Planning grants support the early stages of project development, including consultation with scholars, refinement of humanities themes, preliminary design, and audience evaluation.
Closing date for applications: January 9, 2013
For more information, visit http://www.neh.gov/grants/ahco.