In Nebraska Libraries: Books are Just the Beginning
Libraries across Nebraska offer so much to the community! Our libraries offer books and so much more–digital resources (including eBooks and audiobooks), access to computers with broadband connection, community events and activities, and recreational resources. Nebraska libraries are lifelong educational partners in our Nebraska communities.
Click on Library Directory (left) to find libraries near you.
Check out Library Blog Posts (right) for details on activities that demonstrate that In Nebraska Libraries: Books are Just the Beginning. Please feel free to comment on the Blog Posts–no need to sign in to comment.
See Nebraska Libraries in the News (below) to see how libraries all across Nebraska are evolving to meet the needs of their communities.
Nebraska Libraries in the News
- COVID got you down? The library can help - Grand Island Independent
- Omaha Public Library staff recommend their favorite books for teens - Omaha World-Herald
- The history of Czech costumes - Columbus Telegram
- City Building, library, museum, community center closing to public again - Norfolk Daily News
- Kearney Public Library to reopen - KSNB-TV Hastings
- Library displays quilts, samplers from local museums - Beatrice Daily Sun
- Holdrege Public Library returning to regular hours, no curbside service - NTV - Nebraska TV
- Omaha community centers, last group of libraries will reopen over next few weeks - Omaha World-Herald
- Superior city offices, parks, library closed to public for now - Hastings Tribune
- Time's up: Library to start charging late fees again - Grand Island Independent
- News from the library - Fremont Tribune
- North Platte Public Library to host book bazaar - North Platte Telegraph
- Library hosting book character pumpkin contest - Fremont Tribune
- Gering Public Library receives $30,000 donation - Scottsbluff Star-Herald
- One Book One Nebraska will announce this year's book selection during its weeklong virtual celebration - Norfolk Daily News
- Grand Island Library official encourages people to come back - KSNB-TV Hastings
- Downtown Lincoln library now checking out free BikeLNK passes - Lincoln Journal Star
- Gering Library Book Sale - Scottsbluff Star-Herald
- October is Family History Month; start your research at the library - Grand Island Independent
- American Library Association spotlights banned books - Scottsbluff Star-Herald